vCards are often attached to e-mail messages, but can be exchanged in other ways, such as on the World Wide Web (instant messaging,...) or cellular phone (by MMS).
This file format standard allows an interoperable save process to your "contacts.
Process with an Android:
- go to Messaging app, and then "long tap" the received MMS
- On the Message options prompt, select "Save attachment".
- On the save attachment prompt, select the checkbox and tap "save". The .vcf file should be saved on your phone storage Download folder.
- launch My Files app. Go to the phone Download folder (storage/sdcard0/Download) and tap the .vcf file.
Note: If you didn’t see that particular file in the Download folder, you can make use of the search function in My Files.
- If this is your FIRST time opening a .vcf file on your Android, you should see the Complete action using prompt. Here, tap "Contacts" and then Always.
- On the Create contact under account window, select
- Google to save the contact to your Gmail contact
- Phone to save the contact to your phone contact app.
Example with a samsung galaxy: