Tuesday, October 25, 2011

web service : "my NCBI": the PubMed optional facility; tutorial.

My NCBI
The PubMed optional facility "My NCBI" (with free registration) provides tools for

  • saving searches
  • filtering search results
  • setting up automatic updates sent by e-mail
  • saving sets of references retrieved as part of a PubMed search
  • configuring display formats or highlighting search terms
  • and a wide range of other options.
"My NCBI" is a tool that retains user information and database preferences to provide customized services for many NCBI databases.

-----------
The following are brief animated tutorials with audio for using PubMed. Running times are rounded to the nearest minute. 



Managing Results




Links to Full Text (My NCBI)  

Your library may use LinkOut Filters or Outside Tool to link from PubMed to full text articles.  Ask your librarian.

Saving Searches (My NCBI)  

Collections and Bibliographies (My NCBI)

Preferences and Filters (My NCBI)

---
------------------



No comments:

Post a Comment