I'm searching for:
- A scientific journal,
- Where publishing is free (no cost for processing the paper) and no article-processing charge
- That is open access (no cost for readers)
- .docx, LaTeX should be accepted,
- online publishing is fine
- I don't care about impact factors, as long as the journal is trustworthy
Plots cost and journal Impact Factor.
lists ~400 journal with no article processing fees.
How to search for an open access journal with no publication fee?
Use this link http://doaj.org/doaj?func=csv to download the complete list of journals from DOAJ (CSV format), with metadata as scientific field, license (if CC) and whether you have to pay to publish.
- How does it pay its ISP (internet service provider) hosting bill?
- Who handles the processing and editing of articles?
- Who does the typesetting and copyediting?
- Who maintains the web site?
Open access journals which also don't charge a publication fee are quite rare. I think that journals published by scholarly/professional societies might satisfy this criteria in some cases. In those cases they would be funded by universities or member fees.