just enter the id number of the Flickr photo set you wish to generate KML for.
6 choices for photo sizes
-Open in GoogleMaps - (small photo set please, small photos recommended)
Large photo sets make take a long time to generate, sometimes causing Google Maps to time out. If you want to share a large photo set, please use the following steps:
- download the KML file
- upload it to your own blog or web site
- paste its URL into GoogleMaps
In GoogleMaps click on the 'Link to this page' link to get an HTML snippet to embed the map in your website.
You also can use openStreetMap (Potlatch can read a KML file for geotagged photos. ):
Draw lines (paths) between photos.
- Chronologically - Paths will be drawn based on photo creation date.
- Chronologically - by upload - Paths will be drawn based on date the photo was uploaded to Flickr.
- Set Order - Paths will be drawn based on the order they appear in the set.
What icon/style to use for each image:
- Square Thumbnail - The square thumbnail generated by Flickr for each photo.
- Thumbnail - The proportionally-sized thumbnail generated by Flickr for each photo*
- Camera - The default GoogleMaps 'photo'/'camera' icon.
*This is exactly what I’m looking for – thumbnails generate beautifully from KML file, however when a thumbnail is clicked, I just get a blank screen with the message: ‘This photo is no longer available’ (it is) If I click again, I then get a flickr message saying I’m using an unsupported browser (post 2016).
You are welcome to use this script hosted on my site, or you can download it and run it on your own computer/webserver. If you would like to run it yourself, please be aware of the following (System Requirements):
- PHP 5.2 or greater.
- The PEAR Flickr API
I was looking for an easy way to add geotagged photos that I had stored in Flickr to an ArcGIS web map. While geotagged photos, hosted or not, can't currently be directly imported into an ArcGIS web map, there are several different paths you can take to accomplish the task.
One of the ways is to convert the geotagged photos in a Flickr album to KML,
- Flickr Photo Set to KML. Click Photo Set to KML in the post to open the web utility.
First put the desired geotagged photos into a Flickr Album (formerly a Flickr Set). Next, open the album and obtain the album ID from the URL: