marcxmlThe Library of Congress' Network Development and MARC Standards Office is developing a framework for working with MARC data in a XML environment. This framework is intended to be flexible and extensible to allow users to work with MARC data in ways specific to their needs. The framework itself includes many components such as schemas, stylesheets, and software tools.
MARC 21 to MARCXML Conversion
The MARCXML toolkit is a set of Java programs which allow users to convert to and from the MARC file format (including full character set conversion) and other formats available in the MARCXML architecture.
MARCXML Conversion Stylesheets
- mods (Metadata Object Description Standard)
- MARCXML to MODS Stylesheet (Version 3.6)
- MODS to MARCXML Stylesheets
- Dublin Core Conversion
MARCXML to RDF Encoded Simple Dublin Core Stylesheet
- MARCXML to OAI Encoded Simple Dublin Core Stylesheet
- MARCXML to SRW Encoded Simple Dublin Core Stylesheet
- Dublin Core to MARCXML Stylesheet
OAI MARC Conversion
- OAI MARC to MARCXML Stylesheet
- ONIX to MARCXML Stylesheet
- MARC Conversion Utility Stylesheet
MARC DTD Conversion
- MARCXML to MARC DTD Stylesheet (Bibliographic)
- MARCXML to MARC DTD Stylesheet (Authority)
- MARC DTD to MARCXML Stylesheet (Authority and Bibliographic)
MARCXML HTML Stylesheets
MARCXML MARC Validation Stylesheets
MarcEdit is a metadata editing software suite used primarily to create and manipulate MARC records.
featuresThese features include:
- MARC Editing: MarcEdit includes a MARC Breaker and Maker to move MARC data into a more friendly mnemonic file format. It includes a dedicated MARC Editor, that provides a number of global editing functions, the ability to edit MODS and MARCXML data (in a mnemonic format) and integrate data from other data sources like OCLC, etc. into a batch set of MARC data.
- MarcEditor: The MarcEditor is MarcEdit’s built in metadata editor. It includes a number of global editing functions, full regular expression and UTF-8 support, as well as the ability to configure the editor to utilize any characterset supported by the operating system. Included functions: Globally Add/Delete Fields, Edit Subfields, Swap Field Data, Copy Field Data, Edit Indicators, Generate Call Numbers, Validate Records, Generate Reports, Find/Replace, Direct Integration with Supported ILS systems, Macro support, Task Support, etc.
- RDA Helper: The RDA Helper is both a stand alone and integrated tool that allows users to take a set of MARC data and automatically generate RDA specific data. The RDA data is derived from the source recordset using available control data, variable field data, and RDA specific assumptions.
- Delimited Text Translator: The Delimited Text Translator is a tool that allows users to translate data in Excel, Access, or any delimited format into MARC.
- Export as Tab Delimited: A tool that allows users to export their MARC data as delimited text.
- Harvest OAI Data: MarcEdit has the ability to harvest metadata from an OAI data provider and convert the data directly to MARC. Supported formats are MARCXML, oaimarc, oai_dc, and MODS. However, the program allows the user to provide their own translation rules, so any format could be accommodated.
- XML Translations: MarcEdit supports the facilitation of metadata from XML and non-XML formats into various forms, including MARC.
- Characterset conversion: MarcEdit supports the ability to convert MARC records from one characterset to another. This includes the traditional charactersets like MARC-8 (ANSEL) and UTF-8. But it also includes support for any characterset currently supported by the operating system. So users with MARC data in Traditional Chinese can utilize MarcEdit to convert that data to UTF-8.
- Z39.50/SRU Client: MarcEdit includes a built in Z39.50 and SRU client for interaction with other library systems.
- MARC SQL Explorer: MarcEdit includes an SQL Explorer — a tool that allows users to export their data into either an SQLite or MySQL data and run SQL queries directly on the data to mine for information.
- MARCValidator: MarcEdit includes a number of tools to help users validate data and identify incorrectly structured MARC record data.
- Many more features: Like the ability to split, join, sort, etc. data in various formats.
MarcEdit Mac Port Information
2013 (small 2016)